Saturday, July 4, 2015

Murica

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!!! I miss home so much. 

In honor of America, we went to Pizza Hut for lunch and got pizza and I got a cookie-ice cream thing
Pizza Hut is quite a nice fancy restaurant in Morocco
Deja super excited for her ice cream
My dessert 😍 #blessed

It was a much needed meal. Then we went to Qalam to prep for our Fourth of July party! I was part of the group in charge of making guacamole, aka the guac squad. 
Sadly the avocados we got were not all ripe, and we had to use lemons instead of lines, and we didn't have any utensils to mash them with so we just mashed the avocados with our hands! It was a major bonding experience for all of us in the guac squad. Very reminiscent of making guacamole with TPE in 2012 (shout out to Emma and Noah if you're reading this)

But we used our Americsn ingenuity and persevered, and the guacamole turned out BOMB πŸ’£πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ I'm proud to say that we killed the guac game. See below for proof.



The guac set the tone for the rest of the party, because it was such a good night. The wifi was on my side and I was the impromptu DJ for most of the night. I danced hard core, as always, and played  some pretty fire jams. We had every American song you could hope for: God Bless the USA, Sweet Home Alabama, American Pie, This Land is Your Land, Party in the USA, and much more. Some Moroccan and Spanish pop hits were also thrown in as well. Three boys got red, white, and blue djellabas (traditional Moroccan tunics) and it was glorious.


We made burgers and also had cookies and ice cream and I was hands down the happiest I've been all week. The music and dancing definitely lifted my spirits a ton as well. 

I hope everyone had an amazing Fourth of July as well!!!! I miss you guys more than I can put into words. Wish me luck for my next week, I have my final exam and presentation for my class, sooo im gonna need all the good vibes I can get 😁 I love everyone and I love America ❤️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment