Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Progress!!

Good news, I have successfully taken 2 taxis to and from home and school without overpaying or getting lost! Yay!

Also, class was a lot better today. We played Arabic Taboo with our vocabulary words, and went over very simple noun-adjective agreement stuff. I kept up pretty well, and my reading is already getting a little better.

We also did calligraphy:
It says: I like to eat. I have a mother. I live in a house.

What I didn't know- apparently I have a test on Friday that covers the two units that I wasn't here for, so I have to learn that in the next two days. Wish 
me luck! 

Today we are going over to the Oudaya and the beach. 

The best way I can describe driving in Morocco, especially the busses we take around town, is the Knight Bus from Harry Potter. You are zooming down streets and squeezing in between cars with almost no room and only stopping for pedestrians at the last second. It's like a rollercoaster! I actually feel surprisingly safe though. The drivers all know what they're doing. There's probably an equal chance of getting hit in Bethesda, honestly. 

I'm having fun and feeling a lot better than yesterday. My host sister and I have been playing a lot of card games and she helps me with my Arabic and my homework. As 2jrains would say, #blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment